11.8.12

DIY look books


Pencils, paper, textbooks... and clothes! It's back-to-school time already (can you believe it?), so my sister and I decided to make a look book with a few different outfits for the fall. This is a sample of our experiment. What do you think? You can make one yourself!

Here's what to do:

1. Brainstorm like crazy. Think of every possible crazy-cute outfit you can make from your wardrobe. Put together some options and lay them out.

2. Gather a few props to make it look like a real catalog, if you want. Props can be super fun-- things like cameras, school books, pencils and paper, nerd glasses, etc. They're all great.

3. Go outside (or inside) and snap away! Have fun with it and get creative.

4. Upload your photos and create collages on pixlr or pic monkey or whatever you use. Add little captions, outfit variations, stickers if you like.

5. Print out your collages and put them together in a book or hang them up in the back of your closet for when you get stumped. Viola!

xx.
Lindsey


11 comments:

  1. this. is. perfection. I've got to go do some of this. Now. ;)

    xx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! i HAVE to do this for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute! I've got to do this for the autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea :) unfortunately, i'm not going back to school. so... hee hee

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect idea...i'll be doing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! I would totally do this if I had someone to take my picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog... I hope you will check out mine. http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com/ . It is called Living Fully by Faith .


    Em

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, A few weeks ago I came up with the idea of making a lookbook, and doing all the styling, editing and sharing...hopefully when summer comes I will be able to do it all.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Courtney
    www.alwaysrooney.com

    ReplyDelete